The Latest of Miracles



Miracles do happen!




Yesterday had been a day of many "firsts" in my life. 

I met with an accident while driving my Enfield Bullet—my first road traffic accident. The front brake got stuck while I was negotiating a downhill curve, and my vehicle skidded, and I landed up on thick grass on the roadside. During the fall, my abdomen struck violently against an old discarded electric pole by the sidewalk. I was in terrible pain and was immediately rushed to hospital by the helpful villagers. 

As a doctor, I go to hospital almost every day. But visiting the hospital as a patient was an entirely different experience, which I soon realized. At the hospital, I received a venous cannula for the first time, had myself been stretchered off for the first time, underwent an ultrasound & CT for the first time. 

Sudden twist of events, all in a day's time!

I have always prided, at least secretly, that I haven't had any vehicle accidents though I have been driving for years now. Looking back retrospectively, I can say that there is nothing to boast off but that I have been kept safe by God's grace. Even in yesterday's accident do I see Him working.

Mishaps happen unexpectedly, that's why they are called as accidents. A tiny error of judgement, a miniscule miss-calculation: the consequences can be varied. 

Given the way I met with the accident, more vice could have happened. But I escaped miraculously without any internal bleeding or any external wounds except for an extensive contusion behind my belly. 

This latest of miracles and providences in my life brings with it a realisation of an experience - for I know for certain, that my Saviour still saves, and heals!

"For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." (Psalms 91:11-12)

Comments

Popular Posts